InfoBritain - Travel Through History In The UK :
Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
This photo is by Andrew Dunn and is copyright free
The Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge was founded in 1816 by the 7th Viscount Fitzwilliam, and moved to its present building in Trumpington Street in 1848. Today the museum has an extensive collection relating to applied arts, manuscripts, books, paintings, coins and medals. Fitzwilliam has one of the best coin and bank notes collections in Britain, and an authoritative collection of sixteenth century manuscript music.
Opening Times: Please use contact details below.
Address: Fitzwilliam Museum, Trumpington Street, near Peterhouse, Cambridge CB2 1RB
Directions: The museum can be found in Trumpington Street near the city centre. The nearest car park is Lion's Yard, but as with any visit to Cambridge, it is advisable to use Park and Ride facilities. There are tours for groups.
Access: There is a lift to all floors, wheelchairs available and a wheelchair friendly entrance in the Southern Courtyard.
telephone: 01223 332900
fax: 01223 332923
web site: http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/